My Life is... Mochalicious!

Why 'Mochalicious'? Because my life is full of bitter and sweet days. Here, you the reader will take a journey into my life.......daily experiences and encounters. Mum, if you read this.....I love you!

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: United Kingdom

Complex, romantic, nice, independent, stubborn, selfish and strong at heart. I like to say am like marmite......you either like me or you don't. Simple!

Mittwoch, März 15, 2006

MIMI Magazine

Mimi Magazine March Cover

**Cross posted to Kenya Unlimited.


Well well well!

Got an email of notification that March issue is out and I should check it out. This month's issue is focusing on something I enjoy exploring about.........MUSIC. Not your usual American sounds, but Africans (or of African decent) making it internationally.

My gal Chery Ice is on the cover of this month's issue. Actually, her husband - Dj Edu - is someone I admire, respect and look up to in my persuit of becoming a Dj. I have seen Chery Ice dj and boy can she spin 'em decks. Makin' me more determined to continue with my goal of at least djing on my own headlining gig, before I start dropping 'em kids. As a rapper, she has got the flow and I would like to see and hear more from her.

Also featured on this month's music issue of Mimi Magazine is my main man, K'Naan - The Dusty Foot Philosopher. Featured on my blog last year among other artists, here and here, he is doing great things that most of us don't get to hear about. I just hope the more exposure our artists get the more they are recognised.


Also featured are UK artists Estelle and Lemar (the hottest eyes in the UK), from SA(South Africa) the beautiful Zamajobe, who was nominated along side Kleptomaniacs, Kaysha and 2Face Idibia, in 2005 EMAs (Europe Music Awards - MTV Europe). A blast from the past is also featured.........Mr Lou Bega himself.


Ok......I could go on and on about these artists and more, but I think the writers of Mimi magazine have done a good job. Check out the articles and lets us all keep it local (yaani - AFRICAN).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

I once read one of the MIMI mags and I must say they arent half bad but it's good for you to have an idol or two!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

2Face rocks!!

Then that ka-song by Kaysha - One Love... Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm

Dedicated to the one and only Mocha!

Hehehehehehe

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

very nice! i've been reading past issues of the mag since finding out about it. i can't believe this is my first time hearing about it.

1:48 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home