My Life is... Mochalicious!

Why 'Mochalicious'? Because my life is full of bitter and sweet days. Here, you the reader will take a journey into my life.......daily experiences and encounters. Mum, if you read this.....I love you!

Mein Foto
Name:
Standort: United Kingdom

Complex, romantic, nice, independent, stubborn, selfish and strong at heart. I like to say am like marmite......you either like me or you don't. Simple!

Donnerstag, April 20, 2006

Q & A with Moch@!

Well folks, a while back I was experiencing Bloggers Block and gave you the opportunity to ask me questions about ME - The 'Licious! I must say, the questions are very interesting and I do hope my answers are up to scratch with what you wanted to know. So without much further ado...............

Milonare (OK......this question was posed by someone pretending to be Milo)


Tell us about the first time that you had sex!Details!

  • Well, I won't give details coz that is kinda personal info that may be used against me in the future, but I will say this......It was painful and messy. I was tipsy at the time of the event and yet I remember the details, but I won't share.
Spicebear

What inspired you to be a dj?


  • My inspiration came from watching Dj Edu (BBC 1Xtra - DNA) play and the craft itself. I love listening to music especially mixtapes and I always wanted to know how it was done - the beat mixing, the scratching, etc. Besides, my motivation was the lack of Kenyan chics who could spin. Of course there was Sugar and Honey (I think that is what they were called) back in the day headed by Dj Pinye. The Carni's resident chic Dj (forgotten her name) and Dj Mo' of the Homeboyz. So, I have been teaching myself while picking up tips from other Djs when I can. It is hard and a long journey....but my goal is to headline a gig before I hang up my headphones.

Shiroh

For how long have you been in the UK?

  • More or less 7 years and no, I haven't got the accent. Blame it on hanging around Kenyans alot.

What makes you want to be a DJ Mocha?

  • (See Above - Spicebear asked similar question)

How is Mr. Mocha, why don't you talk about him here?

  • Well, Mr. Mocha is no more since 2nd Jan. 2006. That is why I don't speak of him here.

What is your weakest point?

  • Gosh, that is a good question. I actually can't pin-point one or two, coz I believe that I have several. I guess for now I will have to say my naivety.

How do you spend your day?

  • Quite honesty in bed - dozing off, watching telly, listening to music, reading a book or doing puzzles - with the occassional toilet and kitchen break. If it is out of the house and the weather is good, shopping, walk in the park, a movie or clubbing.

Your blog crush?

  • Of all the blogs that I have read, to be honest I would have to say Acolyte. Maybe its the celebacy challenge thing, I dunno!

KenyaMusings (Bloggers Block Question)

Er, what do you feel about world peace? Or the lack of it?

  • Will world peace ever be achieved? It is sad that the people who it affects the most are the children - the future generation - as they will eventually grow up into the lack of it (world peace that is) and go either way. I guess, it also kinda shapes our society and how we look at things in the yesterday, today and tomorrow perspective.

Brother Jero a.k.a. BJ

Is that your real foot, Mocha? Mmh.

  • Yes, it is.

What's your greatest turn on & off in a man?

  • My greatest turn-on in a man has to be his intelligence and good sense of humuor
  • My greatest turn-off has to be his lack of respect for women. If he treats his mother with disrespect......guess what, you aint different.

Stunuh Jay

It's a cheecky weekend. Guy walks into the room, within the first few minutes it's a nay or yeah! What's the deciding factor?

  • Nay - If he walks in with the attitude around him (his aura) that he is gonna score tonight. The Mr. Machoman ATT is a big no-no!
  • Yeah - If he walks in with a great aura around him. The kind of jamaa who looks for a nice place to perch himself and his boyz rather than a mami he will be aiming for. It makes you wanna know more about him. Good looks, intelligence and GSH are an added bonus.

Magaidi

Worst line you ever heard?

  • How tall are you?

Worst line you ever fell for?

  • Do you come here often?

I have to throw a Deejay question in here. Best track to get the party going? (in the UK)

  • LL Cool J - Doin' It

KenyaGirl

Yes time heals all wounds but if you have any past experiences how long does it take to heal a broken heart?

  • Like you said girl.......past experiences. It takes time and all of them differ in duration. With time, I have just learnt to deal with them, learn from them and move on. Life is too short, I don't want to spend most of my time in misery over a broken heart. Happy thoughts is my medicine to mend a broken heart. Makes me look forward to what lies ahead.

Ms K

Did your parent give you a hard time about becoming a Dee Jay?

  • I was very vague when I told my mum about my 'musical hobby'. Since it started away from home, I guess I haven't had the chance to see or experience any of that. I will let you know when I have explained to her face to face.

Have you ever 'spun' in a Kenyan club?

  • Nope, but I hope to one day. Just look out for my name MOCHA! Actually, I tell a lie if I read your question vizuri. I have played in a Kenyan club in the UK......so I supposed, one in Kenya is my goal.

What is your story? As in if you were a book, what would your blurb say?

  • I would talk about how I grew up, my mum and bro, my friends and life in Kenya and the UK. The usual day to day stuff. I don't think I would sell lots of copies at first.....then again, you never know.

Kelitu

Have you met any music celebz?

  • Yes I have actually. I have met Victor Seii (of 5 Alive), Gidi & Maji and Didge. In the pipeline are Wawesh and Kaysha.

If so, who is your favourite?

  • So far, Didge. He was polite and not what I expected.

Well folks, there you have it. Your questions answered. If you wanna know more and make a Part Deux of this experience.....you know what to do. 'Twas fun!

Have a nice day y'all!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

WEWE.....whats the deal with you shrubing my jina? Ama ni typo? LOL!

ati you were expecting me to answer questions in a red carpet manner......aaaiiii, not me! I am a nice mami who is complex yet trying to be simple.

Thanks for touching base once again.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

mmmmh mocha can i still ask a question

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey girl!
Your honesty blows me away!Plus I am so touched that you feel that way about me!
Runs off to buy an airticket to the UK

9:14 PM  
Blogger Mocha! said...

@reformed.....there is always room for a part deux as i said at the end of this session. so ask away and if there are more than ten questions you will see it in a future post.

@klaweru....sawa mami. dont get your knickers in a twist. thanks for the compliment. it is good to praco this things sometimes....i may appear on a red carpet somewhere in the world...so i should jua how to answer the questions. tough game this life huh???

@Acolyte....honest is the best policy, though I might add not always. as for the trip to the travel agents....waiting by the phone for "come pick me up I'm at heathrow" call to come through
p.s. I hope your 'heads' are not swelling over this revelation? LOL!

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Since you are self proclaimed Complex, romantic, nice, independent, stubborn, selfish and strong at heart. you like to say like marmite..you either like me or you don't. what qualities made you dump(since we never admit we were dumped) the last four guys you dated in brief details and do you think there is a pattern (as in what qualities did they all share)

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

@reformed.....walalala, kijana, where did you disappear to? I remember reading your blog awhile back then nada!!! welcome back mate!

now, your question has been duly noted.....and i will put it in draft with any others that may materialise....then, watch out for Part Deux!

3:37 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Nice insight into the DJ/Blogger called Mocha!

Jokes aside but....be nice and I can introduce you to Kaysha...and you and I know am not kidding about this, right?

4:57 AM  
Blogger Mocha! said...

mmhh...Akiey, as you well know I am always nice. So, do hivyo *wink wink*

7:44 AM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

MA am impressed with your answers. At least i now jua you are a DJ, how cool. When in nai again i will be there to shake booty....

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

11:56 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home