KENYAN BLOG MEME! - The Return of the Tag!
1. Favourite Kenya Food
- Pilau with spicy meat stew
- Ugali with sukuma wiki (kale) and meat (karanga or 'nyam chom')
2. Favourite Kenyan Drink
- Tea Masala (since I don't drink alcohol anymore. Lakini during my drinking heyday I used to enjoy 'Dawa' and Dark Rum, Brandy, Vodka with Coke)
3. Favourite Kenyan TV Programme
- Well this one is a classic for me as most of the characters are still there (R.I.P. to the others) - VITIMBI!
4. Top 3 Kenyan Hangouts
Well you haven't 'explored 'Nai' or Kenya if you haven't been to the following places:
- Carnival 'Karni'
- Florida 2000 'F2'
- Mamba Disco Mombasa
5. Top Holiday Kenyan Destination
- For me this has to be the Masaai Mara, Tsavo and Amboseli Safari package. Available for those who can afford all three at one go. For one that I have been to and enjoyed to the max.......Treetops. How cool is it waking up to the trumpeting of Elephants as they walk 'under' your bed?
6. 3 Kenyan phrases you use a lot (ati, nini, nani DO NOT count and neither does bilaz!)
- Hatucheki na watu
- You are such a ngomongo...... (when am kidding or just plain annoyed with your ass)
- Call me back, am bila credit and you have free minutes.
7. Three things about Kenya/Kenyans that make you go ‘hmmm’
- How they seem to drag you back when you succeed in something
- Being extra partriotic when abroad (guilty as charged...LOL!)
- Faking shyte when they go back diggz
8. Three things non-Kenyans say about Kenya/Kenyans that make you go ‘hmmm’
- Gosh! Your english is really good. Ala, you bloody colonised us!
- Do you see lions/elephants where you live? Err.....NO!
- I have always wanted to go to Kenya on holiday, let me know when your are going back I join you (this is mostly said by peeps I know).
9. Three things about Kenya/Kenyans which non-Kenyans ought to know.
- We speak pretty good english considering that most of the subjects in our schools are taught in English.
- Wildlife and beaches....sure, but that's not the only thing Kenya has to offer.
- Not all Kenyans are corrupt.
10. Complete this sentence: I am Kenyan because…..
- ..... I get all partriotic when anything Kenyan comes up on the TV, radio, whilst shopping, etc.
And finally – list 3 members of the Kenyan Blog Ring you would like to see complete this quiz.
PS: Alter blog current entry!